About

What began my health journey was hearing the statistic from the National Cancer Institute that about 40% of Americans will get cancer. That means there is not even a 20% chance my future husband and I will live our life together cancer-free (40% = 4/10 = 1/2.5). That number is totally unacceptable, so I decided to stack my deck – and I want to help you stack yours.

The hardest part of my road to health has been the research – trying to figure out what is actually healthy among all the fads and tricky labeling techniques. There were many times I stood in a store for more than an hour on my phone searching product ingredients online just buy something simple like bread or body wash. I want it to be easier for you than it was for me.

On this site you will find a variety of healthy tips, articles and my product recommendations here (unendorsed – totally my opinion), as well as a home remedies section that is coming soon. Part of my healthy road has included a desire to care for my problems and those around me naturally (when possible), but again, doing so requires extensive research each time. I’ve gotten to the point now that I even forget some of the research and have to go back and re-do it all over again – simple things like the best home remedies for itchy bug bites or what cayenne pepper can be used for, so I am working on creating a reference area for my own use and for you to use as well.

In addition to using this site to help yourself get healthier, please visit the survey area to collaborate on helping the world become healthier too. You will find more information explaing it over there – basically I am hoping to use surveys to find new information that might be able to fight various diseases.

A Little About Me:

My name is Melanie. Hi! 🙂 When I started my health road about 4 years ago, I was 51 lbs overweight, a smoker, and I ate frozen dinners most nights. Since then I’ve lost 34 lbs, quit smoking, got rid of my microwave and now I eat mostly organic food. Actually I’ve turned into a total foodie – being healthy is so tasty! – but I still love ‘junk’ food sometimes too. Did you know Taco Bell breakfast eggs are cage-free and they removed all artificial colors and flavors from their menu? That’s just one of the many tips you’ll find here.

You are welcome to contact me at any time via email at Melanie @ TheHealthyBrickRoad.com or through the contact form. I’m so glad you’re here and would love to talk health with you!